BootP

All,

I replaced a 1769-L32E CompactLogix 5335E processor with an 1769-L32E CompactLogix 5335E processor. I am having trouble assigning an IP address to the new controller via ethernet. The processor is on the roof in an AHU and it's cold!:eek: lol

Anyway, I open the BootP software and enter the subnet mas and gateway and click "ok"...nothing happens. I also tried selecting "new" and manually entering the MAC address and desired IP; I then get this :Socket Connect Failed"... I've attached a photo...what am I doing wrong? I's rather not connect via serial cable as, again, it's on the roof, it's night and it's cold and snow everywhere.

bOOTp.jpg

what are the IP settings of your LAN?
It should be in the range of the factory default IP address of your CPU or DHCP.

That's my experience...