1756-ob16

jgrassel

I have a question about this module. Is it a current product? An integrator suggested using it and it kinda seems like it is not in the mainstream of the product line any more. If it is simple and it works then I'm all for it. Thanks for the opinions/advice!

Straight forward 24VDC 16 channel output. Yes, it is current. There are other output modules with more / different functionality, but for a basic output, that's it.

Funny, because it appears very difficult to find the basic wiring diagram. Normally Google is great at such things - but the searches just seem to refuse to give me a basic module without all the extra features. That is why I was suspicious. Could you point me to a wiring diagram link, or tell me is it the same as another one that I *can* find!?

Well, I guess I have to back up...It seems that there is no straight OB16, My bin labelled that is full of OB16E's (Electronically fused), and it seems that there never was an OB16 for 1756 ControlLogix. There is for 1768/9 Compactlogix, 1746, 1762, and 1794, but not 1756 or 1771.

Sorry about that.

OK, no problem. Any advice on which one is preferred for solenoid valves? I was thinking the D to get a fused output per SV then maybe I could skip the fuse on the terminal block as I would have done in the past.

The OB16D fuses are pretty tiny... I still prefer field-installed fuse output blocks.

Test your coils and outputs with the OB16E if you choose it.

I recently had a big safety contactor load that would trip the Electronic Fuse feature of the OB16E just because of the inrush, even though it worked on paper with an appropriate steady-state current under the module's 1A limit.