Migrate Factory Talk SE application from Window7 to Window XP

minaykha

Dear All,

Could anyone please advise how to migrate factory talk SE HMI application from window 7 to window XP?

i am using window XP and now can't open factory talk SE application file which was created on window 7.(Please refer to attachment picture).

I could restore the file but can't open.

Please help, thank you.

HMI.JPG

I think you just have to select the language in the drop down box, and then the Open button will become un-greyed out :)

Dear ASF,
Thank you for your advice.
I clicked on the drop down arrow but i could not see any language for selection.
i think something wrong with it.
You have any idea ? thank.

Hmm. I've not seen taht before. But I suspect that's your issue, rather than the operating system - it has to know what language to use, and until you give it one, it won't let you open the file.

Maybe someone else here has seen the lack of language to select issue before?

Don't forget that on FTView, the VERSION the application was developed in has to be the same if trying to install it on a new PC. Also, the computers need the same word size (32 bit or 64 bit).

Yes,Radast
Now, i can guess what is the problem.

-The original file was created on Window 7 64 bit and used the English(Singapore) language.

-My laptop is using window XP 32 bit and English(Singapore)language is not available on my laptop.

How can i add missing language to my Factory Talk SE ? OR
How can i back up the original file "English(Singapore)" language to "English(United States)?
I could not find the language selection option when i create the .Apa file.

Thank for help.