Getting data from S7-300 and S7-400 , using OPC Server

OYRS

Hello,

Firstly i'm not an automaticien, so sorry for any errors in my question.
so i need to make an dashborad for the data of differents PLCs. what I need is to get this data of the differents PLCs (variables of the PLC's) into an database (ot txt file, Access, ...) using OPC server, this is the requirements.
so i install SIMATIC MANAGER, and PLCSIM, but i haven't yet understand how to do this.
any informations from you can help me, so please to guide me, by books, or websites, or by give me the steps to realise this first part of this project.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you search this forum for "OPC Server", you can find great information.
We use Kepware OPC Server to read information from S7-300/400.
Its easy to use.

I would second the Kepware recommendation. I have found that SIMATIC NET and PLCSIM do not play together at all. I am led to believe that this is deliberate by Siemens to stop people using PLCSIM as a cheap alternative to a real PLC for very simple control scenarios. Also look at NetToPLCSIM if you are going to try and set everything up across several networked machines (or VMs) and want to test with PLCSIM before connecting to physical PLCs.

Once you have the OPC server setup, you will need an archiver to collect the data from the OPC server and store it in your database. See the OPC easy archiver solution here:
http://integrationobjects.com/product/opc-easyarchiver/

Thanks for all you response,
so if i buy OPC EasyArchiver, i don't need to install any other software, i can get all data from PLCs (Siemsns PLC), that's right?

And thanks for you response in advance.

If you have an OPC server installed on the PLC side, you need only to buy the OPC Easy Archiver.
You can send a ticket to Integration Objects for more details

Good luck

K_W

What K_W is saying, is that you need an OPC Server like Kepware or other and an OPC client like OPC Easy Archiver