Data Logging FactoryTalk M.E.

Shiro485

Hello all,
I am in the process of converting an older project from a citect scada to a panelview plus. In the original program at the beggining of each new cycle a data log would be initiated by entering two string values, Part Number , Serial Number.

A new log file and a boolean bit would be set to advance the sequence once these string values are inputted.

Im looking to replicate the same functionality in the panelview. The standard data logger doesn't seem to fit the bill. There is an activex data logger medatastore+ that will let me log string values but im still unsure how to get the functionality of initiating a log and setting a bit and seperating/labeling data logs by string inputs.

Any advice or guidance much appreciated :)