FactoryTalk Transaction Manager install

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have searched Rockwell web site and knowledge base and can't find an answer to this question.

Trying to install the lastest version of FTTM V10.20.00, during install a get an error stating FactoryTalk Activation V3.62 needs to be installed, and install terminates.

My PC has FT Activation V3.62.11 and cannot be downgraded as I have CPR9 SR7.

Is this a known issue?

The problem you describe sounds like a call to tech support. FTTM is "challenging" to set up. I deployed two systems last year, the first took a long time to set up even with the assistance of Tech Support. The second system only took me two days to get up and running.

Good Luck!

Nick

Install FA 3.60

Actually, you can re-install just the Factory Talk Activation.
I also have had problems with 3.62 and 3.6211. You can uninstall 3.62 and then re-install 3.60 and everything will still work fine. If you don't have 3.60, you can download previous version of Factory Talk services from Rockwell provided your still in support. If not, then the previous version CD, you can install it from there.

Just ran into this same issue. You cannot install FTTM w/ 3.60 either.

There IS a knowledgebase article on this, just that it's labeled as a fix for Win 2012 which cannot install Activation V3.x. Using the executable in the topic I was able to install FTTM without issue.