Concept 2.6 -- Program not equal

antsrealm

Hi,

Sorry I can't add much more detail then what's in the title at the moment. But basically at work we had a program become unequal and now we cant go online to it anymore. I notice there is an upload facility but it does not seem to make the program equal again.

The senior guys are saying they now have no choice but to download the most recent back up to get it equal again. Can anyone advise if there is a way to make the program equal again without preforming a download?

This is a big deal if a download needs to happen. Only a very small change has occurred and was not saved then after a reboot the program was no longer equal.

Thanks.

If you know that a small change was made, then I'd recommend downloading, making the required change and then saving. Depending upon the mix of programming languages used in your program, an upload could be problematic. Early versions of Concept for Quantum PLCs did not support uploads at all.

At any rate, I'd be careful not to overwrite any of your existing backups, should you choose to upload. If your control system is operating properly, then it's relatively safe to assume that your processor does contain a valid program. The worst case scenario would be to upload a corrupt program and save it to a valid project backup.