Siemens, free software for learning?

Nova5

Does Siemens have a free version of their programming software that works on anything above WinXP? What I can find refuses to work on anything more capable than WinXP 32bit. Can't use compatibility modes to make it work. Would rather not waste the harddrive space a virtual machine will absorb if I can avoid it.

AB/Rockwell has RSLogix MicroLite.

I've run S7-Basic, S7-Pro, and WinCC on a Toshiba laptop with AMD processors and Win 8.1. No problem.
They suggest a i7 machine, and that's good advice. The TIA software is nice, but a speed/memory hog.

Download a 21 day trial of S7-Pro here.

I've run S7-Basic, S7-Pro, and WinCC on a Toshiba laptop with AMD processors and Win 8.1. No problem.
They suggest a i7 machine, and that's good advice. The TIA software is nice, but a speed/memory hog.

Download a 21 day trial of S7-Pro here.

The intention is to be able to work with it in spare time over months. The only way to do that is to use their free version that is XP only it seems.

You can install the software on a virtual machine for 21 days. Make sure you store your programs on your "real" machine.

Then when it expires, delete your virtual machine and re install the whole thing.

The free Siemens is just not the same as the full blown version.