PowerFlex 525 help!

escoplcguy

Hey guys, I am having a problem with controlling the power flex 525 remotely. I looked over the manual many times and compared my wiring along with tried different things, almost everything and still I get nothing...

Currently I have a mlx1400 using a 120v output to a relay. The relay and the drive are setup as follows.

Normally closed contact of relay is wired to terminal block 01. normally open contact is wired to terminal block 02 and line is terminal block 11 on the drive.

I have CCW on my PC but I can't get connected to the drive for some reason using the USB cable, so I tried setting the drive using the parameters. I got everything set up correctly and I can start the drive using the keypad but I can not get it started using the relay...I force the output on, on the Plc and the relay clicks, I check power and I am getting 24v to terminal block 2 and not tb1. But still nothing. Just 000 on the display.

What am I missing here?!?!

Per what robo77 said, it's not enough to just wire up the terminals, you must program the drive to tell it to look to the terminal block as the Start-Stop commands, otherwise the factory default is for it to look only at the keypad.

Also, the USB port on the drive is not for on-line programming of the drive, it is only for uploading or downloading an off-line program that you have created with CCW.

All this info is in the manual. In addition, if you go into CCW, there is a Wizard that walks you through the setup of the drive and asks you the questions that get you going. RTFM.

Lastly, tech support for all AB drives is free, you don't need a contract, though it's not a toll free call. But you call them and they are busy, leave your number and they call you back. The number is in the manual.

N.C. contact on Pin 1 is way wrong if you're using only one relay. You must have power to pin 1 to run. Remove power from pin 1 to stop. Or use two wire control as per Robo77 suggestion to look at page 43. Even with two wire control, you'll need to hot wire pin 1 to get it to run.