Omron CJ1M - software?

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I'm a bit confused.

My customer has a machine running a Omron, and it behaves really unrational and to be able to troubleshoot this machine we need the software to Omron CJ1M PLC.

We just need to upload the program and go online, apperently there is a CX-one software that includes the whole kit but it cost 700$. I think I only need the CX-programmer. I've been in contact with a local Omron office and they said CX-one was the way to go. I'm just checking to see if this is really the case? There isn't a basic version or just the CX-programmer I can buy?

/Tim

The only basic version is lite, which does certain bricks only.
$700 ain't too bad for what you get, compared to the other players in the market.

Thanks alot, I'll buy it. It's not that high cost. Just wondered so that I don't charge my customer to much.

Thanks again!

Just make sure you are getting part number CXONE-AL01D-V4.

There is a lite version part number CXONE-LT01C-V4. The lite version will NOT program CJ1 hardware.

There are US part numbers, not sure if they will be different in Europe.

Lucky you said that! I was about to buy the LT01C-v4, the Omron support said nothing of this diffrence. Need to call them again. The AL01D is more like 2500$ from what I can see :S

That was exactly the answer I got when I called OMRON once again (and once again he failed to tell me that there was two versions of the CX-ONE) so I'll dowload the trial and troubleshoot and save the ladder to .pdf

This will be perfect! Thanks

/Tim