Siemens Step 7 Hardware Config Mismatch

I have a Step 7 project that, when I try to go online with the hardware config, it says that the configuration is different from what is currently running online.

When I do a Block Compare, I check the Compare SBD, I get the attached errors.

I do have an old backup that has a good Hardware Config, that will go online.

I would like to understand this error message.

Can someone help me interpret the attached error?

Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

Impossible to see anything in your screenshot.

Open both "good" and "bad" HW configurations, then set the Windows as "arranged vertically". Then you can visually quickly spot any differences.

Untitled.png

For the CP343-1, I am guessing that it has connection(s) setup in NetPro. Maybe you can spot a difference in NetPro.
For all the other devices, is it possible that the differences all have to do with the safety program ? I have no experience with "distributed safety" as Siemens calls it.

What other difference is there in the old STEP7 project with the correct HW config and the new STEP7 project with the bad HW config ?
Is there a reason why you cannot use the STEP7 project with the good HW config ?

have you upgraded one of the racks from 16 bit to 32 or 64 bit output cards? that's sort of what it sounds like without beter sceenshots of each of the 4 panels

There are no S7-300 I/O modules per se.
The I/O are all arranged in distributed blocks in the field.
I assume that he has done as I suggested in post #2, and by that he selected the individual field stations to compare them side by side.

I could use the old project with the old, known good hw config. Although, there have been lots of changes to the code since December 18 when that archive was created.

Right now, my known fix is to go back to that archive and use it and make all the logic changes to the project that have occurred since then. That's what I am trying to avoid, as there has been many logic changes.

I was hoping for a way to interpret that error and just try to resolve it in my current backup.

I was told that when you upload the HWConfig, that there are things lost in the upload that will not exist. SO, I was hesitant to do that. If you don't lose anything, can you describe how to do that, and I will do that.

If you cannot pinpoint where the differences are, then I recommend that you perform a block comparison of the two STEP7 projects.
Then update the old project (with the "good" HW config, but outdated code) with the relevant blocks from the new project (with the "bad" HW config, but up-to-date code).
After that you have a STEP7 project that is fully up-to-date.

That's what I planned on doing, but there are changes to OB1, OB100, FB250, FB258 and FC250. Those FBs and FCs are safety related and will require a re-compile of the safety logic, right? And, I am not sure if the OBs can just be copied out or not.