I ask on module 1203 scanport

Fox

F
Hello, I am Jorge practitioner in ELECTRONIC engineering.I want to know like I can configure the module 1203 scnaport of Allen Bradley to use it with anyone of the 2 communication channels he/she stops this way to communicate with the drive 1305 through their Adapter 2 of the drive; all this to be able to obtain information of the drive through the 1203 because I have a SLC500 with a module 1747 SN he/she Laughs.The problem is that I don't have information of like I can configure the channel, besides knowing like I obtain and I write data to the drive 1305 through the program of the SLC.I wait that they respond me then I have a work that to carry out with this.Thank you.

Well, Jorge, I'm not sure we're going to be able to work through your translator, but we'll give it a shot.

The 1203-GD1 module is an A-B RIO protocol adapter that connects to the 1305 drive through the "SCANport" connector on the drive.

There will be some DIP switches to configure on the 1203-GD1 module to set it up. You will need the user manual:

http://www.ab.com/manuals/dr/1203/1203-5.16.pdf

We can discuss the settings once you have the manual and have read some of it.

The 1747-SN RIO scanner module is what you use in the SLC-500 chassis to "scan" the RIO network, including the 1203-GD1 adapters. That module is configured in RSLogix 500 software.

Do you also want to start and stop the drive using the 1203-GD1, or do you only want to monitor it ?

The default "1/4" rack configuration of the 1203-GD1 gives you enough I/O data in the SLC to start, stop, and command speed from the drive.

Expanded I/O addressing fractions (1/2, 3/4, and Full Rack) will allow more data to be transferred to and from the drive using parameter pointers called DataLinks.