New to siemens

Jaybird61

We recently recieved 2 machines with siemens plc's in them. We got the software and I was able to upload the program but there is no descriptors with it. Being that it isnt a huge program I thought I would just put them in myself. Here lies the problem, after downloading the manual for the S7-200 and looking thru that, I just cant figure out how to add descriptors to inputs and outputs. I really dont need to do any programing, it would just be nice to have them in there when we do trouble shooting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jay

Which version of S7-200 are you running? The method of enterning comments is different in S7-200 version 2.11 than in the newer Version 3.0 Lite.

In version 3.0, first make sure that "View, Display With", then "Symbolic Representation, Symbol Selections, and Comments" are all checked to be active. Then to enter a Symbol, right-click on a instruction, then select "Edit Symbols". Then you can modify the symbol, or add a Comment to the symbol.

To view and edit the entire project symbol table, click on top menu "Edit", then "Symbols".

To add Rung Comments, simply click anywhere in the "Comment" box located below the Network Number.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the old S7-200 MicroWin version 2.11 program also. In S7-200, click on top menu "View", "Symbol Table" to view and edit any or all symbol Names and Comments.

To enter Network Titles and Comments, simply double-click on the Network number in the ladder program.

Last edited: