Sato Printer and SLC 504

I have a Sato M840Pro-2 Printer that is linked to a SLC 5/04 processer through a Prosoft communication card. The SLC sends information in ASCII to the sato to print on a label. There is a photo eye in the printer that detects if a label has been printed, but not removed. I am looking for a way to communicate this information back to the SLC. Would this be even possible? If so, what would the code look like. I am not familiar with these printers and would appreciate any help. If more details are needed, feed free to ask.

Thank you for the manual. I think I should post an update on where I am at in this problem.

I have found the manual and found the respective codes in the slc. I have found that the smc sends an enq command using alternative symbols (@) at set intervals. I have also found that between these enqs it sends the following ascii line:

{^A^*^Z}

I believe this is to clear the buffer.

In the manual, under the bi com section, it mentions a SG command, which would return the signal levels of the sensor. I believe this is what I want. However I cannot structure the line correctly to get this return.

Does anyone have an idea on the structure that this should be in?