click plc support via ethernet and core touch panel

flash053069

Hello everyone.
I have a project I am doing for a client. The plc we are using is a click from automation direct as well as a cmore touch panel. My client would like for me to be able to go online remotely to support the click plc. He would like for me to be able to even download the program remotely. Is this possible? The touch panel does support Web browser remote access. Not for panel programming though.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Is there a PC on site that can be loaded up with the appropriate software and then controlled remotely using teamviewer or equivalent with it's VPN?

I have a Click but have not tried to access it with an Ethernet to Serial converter. Even if you did have a converter that worked for downloading, you would not probably want it exposed directly to the Internet. So I think that some sort of PC on site is going to be required. Since the programming software is free, it might be a deal where you have the onsite tech plug in a laptop with the software for HMI and Click, then you "remote into" said laptop (or desktop) using teamviewer or equivalent.

I have a Click but have not tried to access it with an Ethernet to Serial converter. Even if you did have a converter that worked for downloading, you would not probably want it exposed directly to the Internet. So I think that some sort of PC on site is going to be required. Since the programming software is free, it might be a deal where you have the onsite tech plug in a laptop with the software for HMI and Click, then you "remote into" said laptop (or desktop) using teamviewer or equivalent.
Thank you. Teamviewer seems like a great solution!
I will suggest that.
Jim