1747-uic

Sooooo, I'm trying to upload a program from a older PV using a 1747-UIC. I've got a solid "ok" LED and my DH485 and USB light flashes intermittently; however, my device isn't showing up in Linx...all drivers are setup correctly and running no problem...thoughts? :confused:

I suppose the uic should work, but I just used a usb to serial converter a few days ago... you need a straight through cable 1 to 1 2 to 2 etc.

I couldn't get the uic to work either , but I think it was because of the cable I was trying to use

I suppose the uic should work, but I just used a usb to serial converter a few days ago... you need a straight through cable 1 to 1 2 to 2 etc.

I couldn't get the uic to work either , but I think it was because of the cable I was trying to use

If the USB to serial adapter worked and the UIC did not thats because the device you were trying to connect to did not support DH485 protocol.

The 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter, its also a DF1 to DH485 protocol converter.

Edit:Thats why I ask the OP for the catalog number.

I'm having a similar issue although both LEDs are flashing for me. The manual says that my configuration may be off although I followed the directions exactly

The PV model is important, as that helps determine the communication protocol. I'd say its a configuration issue.

I believe you're right but it seemed to just have fixed itself. Between running as administrator and normally, it took like 10 restarts but it randomly connected and went online. Well, at least it's working now I guess, haha