Need help with factorytalk studio me runtime

stu

Hi guys
I am writing a program on the hmi Pvp 1250 and I have been testing the program as i go along , which is getting all the data that I need .The issue now is when I try to create a runtime to test the finished project it goes throw the the loading screen then gets to the runtime then stops with 2 hours at top of screen see picture . Any ideas

20150126_164519.jpg

See the field that says "Current Application"? It needs to have the name of your application in it. So on power-up, the PV has not been configured to load and run your application. Follow the Local Application button to load your downloaded application and there will be some choices to make it the power-up application.

OR when you download your application using the ME Transfer Utility, make sure you check "Run Application At Start-up" check box.

Thanks for the reply this comes up when I am testing the runtime on the laptop , is this making sense thanks again

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that there was a 2 hour runtime limit for development purposes using a Development/Integrator Software License. Isnt this why there is "2 hour limit" text that Stu is seeing at the top of his screen ?

I get the same thing happen when trying to use my laptop as HMI.

Just close project and start again and get another 2 hours of use if need be for developing your project before transfering to actual panelview.

On a lighter note:
If that doesnt work try cussing at it (and reboot it several times) at least this is what just solved my FTVME problem. 🔨 LOL

BCS

I have never tried for 2 hours of strait testing, but couldn't you just go to 'test appllication' in studio? I test runtimes to remote machines over VPN this way all the time.

If you are immediately getting the screen you posted in the first post, then you haven't actually configured the test environment to execute the runtime.

You need to load and then run the application. There is still a two hour time limit using the test client.

hi guys
I have got a licence on the laptop, also I have tried to open a runtime file but it gets a pop up saying unable to load runtime ?
I have gone onto my project set up the design and runtime config again but still get the same issue I have attached a picture with the errors , any ideas thanks stu

20150128_235219[1].jpg

Ahh you are running the .mer file correct? Instead of in Factorytalk selecting Application "test application".

Nope same results as using the menu. forgot there was a quick button. So when you get the first image you attached, it will not let you load application?

Did you reboot as suggested?