RSLogix 500 Instruction Help

Mihir_007

Dear All,

Can anyone please help me to understand the basic concepts of the sequencer instruction in RSLogix 500?
As i have to implement the the step logic. i.e., one output on the feedback of that second output, on the feedback of this third output and so on..,

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Mihir

Do you have to use the sequencer?
When step logic is requested, first I complain, then I program individual rungs for each step. Easier to edit and follow what is going on. My experience with the sequencer instructions were long ago negative but I know there are fans of it.

I've found that one of the most difficult concepts to explain is how a sequencer operates. I have had success in explaining it by actually creating and printing out a 50-element data table and rolling it into the shape of a cylinder so that it looks like an old drum sequencer. Pretend there are 16 microswitches located along the top. each position is represented by a (N7:0, N7:1, etc.). The drum is "turned" every time the POS is incremented.

Does this help?

I've found that one of the most difficult concepts to explain is how a sequencer operates.

yea, I'm sure that's why in any of my customers who have programming specifications, sequencers are not allowed. Last I remember seeing it was in one of GM's specs. But anymore they're handing out PLC & HMI templates.