Wonderware - Installed Software

user173

One of our customers has a PC with Windows XP and an InTouch Runtime. That's all he knows about the system.

He wants a new PC with Windows 7.

What he needs to do in order to be able to tell me which Wonderware-software is installed (InTouch-Version, I/O-Driver...).

It is far to go there.

Are there any files in Wonderware-software where I can read "...It is InTouch 9.0", "...It is the I/O-Driver xyz" ... ?

Thanks for your help!

Most likely the version he has is not compatible with the new operating system. And the version will need "upgraded".

you should be able to open the SMC and find wht DA servers he is using and how it is setup.

If you close the viewer and open "intouch" it should give you the version. or just find his wonderware license file and open it in notepad.

One of our customers has a PC with Windows XP and an InTouch Runtime. That's all he knows about the system.

He wants a new PC with Windows 7.

What he needs to do in order to be able to tell me which Wonderware-software is installed (InTouch-Version, I/O-Driver...).

It is far to go there.

Are there any files in Wonderware-software where I can read "...It is InTouch 9.0", "...It is the I/O-Driver xyz" ... ?

Thanks for your help!

If it's running on XP, then the application might be using a Wonderware SuiteLink IO Server. If so, you'll need to change to a DA Server. Depending upon the application, you might have to make some other changes manually after converting to a newer version of InTouch.

The idea with the wwsuite.lic I had already, but then I only see what is licensed, not what is installed and used.
On Siemens Systems there is a program named "Installed Software", whose output is a list of all installed/licensed Siemens-software. I was hoping, there would be something like that in Wonderware.

Can he run up Windowmaker, or even Intouch (not windowviewer on its own)?
Then go Help, About and that should give the running version.
I have about 40 systems here and during my discovery, it is what I have used.
Is the wwsuite.lic runtime or development?

Or you could install something called "Belarc Advisor" http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
which when you run it on your pc, gives things like installed programs and network connections etc etc

Just yesterday, I was installing InTouch V9 on a Win7 VMware machine and it would not run up, so had to drop back to an XP machine to do so, so do watch what you have.
I do use the DAservers now for PLC comms, although stil have ABTCP on the older machines.

Last edited:
The easiest way is to open Intouch and click on Help > About. I have gotten into the habit of including a "Computer Information" screen into my apps just for this reason.