Reset numeric display function?

nguyen222

Hi guys,
Im new to this forum and factorytalk in general. I have a question and if someone can enlighten me on this that would be great. I want to create a button to reset a numeric display that i have created. Is there any idea where to begin? Thanks all

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

If your Numeric Display is getting its value from a counter or timer ACC. from within the Plc logic, then you can just link your HMI button tag to a bit that will enable a RES instruction for the same timer or counter in the PLC program.

BCS

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick respond BCS. I got all my tags from Kepware and Kepware talks to the PLC. So I wonder if i can make a button and run a little script <reset> "tag". Do you think that gonna work?

Unfortunatly I have never used Kepware, so will not be any help to you there.

However there are many folks on here that I am sure will have the answer you are looking for and will be along shortly to help you on that.

But in general if you have a bit set up to activate a RES in the PLC ladder to reset the timer or counter ACC. that your numeric display is pulling the value from, and you can make this happen even through a 3rd party software then I would say that it would work.

However I dont know anything about Kepware.

Is the Plc you are talking to an Allen Bradley?

Sorry I could not be more help on this.

BCS

There are a large handful of different data sources for a Numeric Indicator, multiplied by the large number of different ways that data can be handled in a PLC.

So while "use logic in the PLC to execute a RES instruction for a Timer or Counter" is one way, there are other methods, even ones as simple as "write a value of zero to the tag".

FactoryTalk View includes ME (Machine Edition, generally used with PanelView Plus) and SE (Site Edition, generally used with distributed PCs).

FactoryTalk View generally uses its own data provider, called RSLinx Enterprise, because it's designed for maximum efficiency and integration with other FactoryTalk software. KepServer is usually used to talk to third party controllers, not to A-B controllers.

So it's a side question about why you're using Kepware, but we should be able to keep the basic discussion of "how do I reset a PLC data element" more general if you can provide more information about the PLC data element.