Import Yaskawa Drive Tags into Control Logix

House92

Hello. I installed 7 Yaskawa V1000 Drives along with the Yaskawa SI-EN3 comms cards. I was able to follow the steps from the Yaskawa web site when it came to importing tags to a control logix L61. Everything went smooth and the drives are running fine as we speak. I ran into an issue when making the new panelview. It seems that you can choose different Input Instances or visable parameters when creating the drive and importing the tag data base. Like i said earlier I followed along with the web site and chose Input Instance 71(2 bytes). So, when i went to add the output current on the screen I realized this was not a visible parameter. I continued on and completed the project but now the amperage is being asked for by management. I looked in the yaskawa Si-EN3 manual and found that Input Instance 166 has the output current value. I am having trouble with the setup on the tag generator. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi

I also have used them and found the web site very good.
Did you use the Aoi or have you set them up with standArd setup.
You could set up a message block to read what you want as you know
The Instance you require

Donnchadh

Are you using an add-on instruction to run the drive?

Internal/invisible parameters of add-on instructions can still be read by PanelViews, but they won't show up in the tag browser. You have to enter them manually.

Also make sure that the external access setting of the tags you want to read is set to "Read Only" or "Read/Write". Just not "None".

I tried to use the standard format that the web site speaks of. If the Yaskawa Tag Generator does not populate a tag into the 5000 controller tags is there anyway to calculate the value?

Hi,

This is Yaskawa Technical Support and there are two different ways in which you can obtain the amperage.

The first is using Input Instance 166. Using this method/Input Assy., would mean that you would have to redo the tags for this Input Instance. New tags would need to be generated for Input Instance 166. When creating new tags you would just need to follow the same steps when importing the new tags into Logix.

The second method is using Explicit Messaging. The register for output current is 43(H) and for registers under 100(H) the class is 7D(H) and the instance is 1. Try the following:

Service Code: Get Attribute Single
Class: 7D
Instance: 1
Attribute 43

Below is link for an application note that may assist with this set up. In specific please take a look at P.12 of the .PDF

https://www.yaskawa.com/pycprd/download/search/detail?n=AN.AFD.22

If you require further assistance, please feel free and contact us at 800-YASKAWA (927-5292) Press #2 and then #1 and that will get you directly to our Drives Technical Support Group.

Technical Support
Yaskawa Electric America, Inc.
2121 Norman Drive South
Waukegan, IL 60085
1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292) Press 2

For manuals, eLearning modules and other downloadable resources, please visit our website at the links provided below:

Yaskawa Home Page

Yaskawa Technical Support Page

Last edited:
Change the assembly 71 to 151 and size from 2 to 4.
In the tag generator change the input assembly to 151 and generate the tags. Import the tags to RS5k and it will be listed as V1000_GetAmpsOut.
Create a CPT and divide the output by 100 or use the expression in panelview to get the right value.

Still trying.

Just got back to work and I am still running into the Yaskawa tag generator isuues. I am attaching a file that shows the steps I am taking and something I noticed tonight. Again any help is appreciated.

an interesting thread. join the team hopefully got enlightenment.
o.png

I made a video on my Iphone to show the situation I am running into. I am having trouble uploading though. I am still running into the same issues. I am back on day shift so I am hoping to rap this issue up as soon as possible. I can send the video to any one that would have time to watch. Thanks John

Attributes

Try the following parameters in a Message instruction

Output Current (U1-03)
service code e
Class 7D
Instance 1
Attribute 26

It doesn't follow what is in the manual, in the manual it is Attribute 43. I got this from Tech support a while back and have used it several times on the IQ 1000.

Last edited:
There is a bug in the software. Select the output file first. Then use the drop down menu to select 151 and then generate the file.

I tried it typing in the number 151 and it did not work.

You really don't need the tag generator. Open up the tech manual for the SI-EN3 and look up the word for the current.

Page 37 of Technical manual_comm card_SIEPC73060058.pdf

Last edited:
Here are the tags.

When you hit the build button the info disappears and this is normal. Just go to the location of the file and import it.

Last edited: