micrologix 1100 hmi program

Nagadev

I was using Allen bradley touch HMI in a highly rugged environment which caused repeated failures in HMI, So to avoid the same, I have changed the HMI to Desktop PC and made the HMI application running in it. But now coomunication between PC and PLC is been losing out more than 5 to 6 times a day which makes application closed and restarting. Please provide me a solution.

Do you know what errors you are experiencing on the PC? Is it a communication fault, error on the program, etc.
You may have other programs running that may affect the program. You could have a communication fault from noise. (Cable shielding should be checked.)

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

A desktop pc is not more reliable than an HMI. IMHO you are going backwards but!!!.

What sits between this pc and the PLC? is there a switch, router,firewall,anything?

If it's nothing but a crossover cable connection check your cables.If it's a homemade get a premade patch or crossover cable.

Many people think they can make reliable ethernet patch cables and the truth is very few can.