1756 EWEB Module

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just installed a 1756 eweb module into a 10 slot chassis using contrologix with an 1756-L71 processor. The module has a 10.5.48.xxx IP Address so I can connect to it from my desktop but the other modules and controller are still working on a 192.168.1.1-6 IP addressing structure. when I log into the web module and choose browse the chassis option... all the modules show there but when I click on any of them... they all show unconnected. My question is do they have to have the same IP Addressing in relation to the web module in order for the web module to be able to pull data even though they are in the same back plane?

The "Unconnected" status is a bit of a red herring; I think it means that they don't have an I/O connection to the 1756-EWEB, which makes sense because the -EWEB doesn't make I/O connections.

The -EWEB can read and write tags from controllers, but cannot to my knowledge get data directly from I/O modules. So it's immaterial if you can browse the backplane for anything but a CPU.

To add to what Ken said the subnet does not matter. If it was an ENBT for example I could have 3 different ENBT modules each with a different subnet and each would communicate.

The EWEB is a different animal for what you are trying to do with it.

Hmmmm,

When I go into the dataview option and try to create a new dataview... no matter what I do.. correct tag name... slot 0 datatype, display as, etc...

I click create view, then click on the file name.xml and get error: couldn't read tag!

Every time I do this... i get this... what might i be doing wrong?