Win CC Flexible Windows 7 Pro Compatable?

Secpcb

I have installed Win CC Flexible on a new Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit desktop & every time I boot I get an error that a file in a Win CC folder in ProgramData called template_en.tmp is not found. I have repaired and also reinstalled Win CC but still the same error.

I searched all Win CC folders & the installation folders & no such file is anywhere. I have searched the Siemens website with no results. Also when I try to start Win CC I get an error that the service is not running & the program terminates.

Has anyone seen this before & know how to overcome it?

Or can anyone .zip the template_en.tmp file from their system & reply with it?

Keithkyll,

According to the Siemens link a reinstall should do it, but I tried that and a repair installation. And my folder options show hidden & system files, and it's not there.

And it's a new system with AVG anti-virus & I have done a full scan of all files on the hard drive - perfectly clean.

Last edited:
Thanks to the to remain anonymous person who sent me the .tmp file. Now when I boot up I don't get the error, but when I try to start Win CC I get the following:

Win CC Start Center is running in my system tray & I tried the "Reset SIMATIC Win CC flexible" with no change.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
To ask the obvious question - do you have the automation license manager installed, and a license on it?

Assuming you do, I've seen someone here with a similar error message - exactly as it says, the service wasn't running. Click Start and type Services, then click the Services icon to bring up the Services panel (how many times can I write Services in one sentence?)

I don't know what it'll be called, but somewhere in there, there should be an Automation License Manager service. It could be under A for automation, L for license, S for Siemens, or just about any other letter because they're Germans. When you find it, it'll likely be stopped. You should be able to click on it start it. If that solves your problem, go back to the services panel and right click>properties, and tell that service to run automatically on startup.

Do you have a version of TIA? Download the TIA13 trial to see if it installs the missing files and repairs the license manager.
I'm running Win CC on a Siemens machine with 7 Ultimate, and a laptop with Win 8.1.
I remember having problems with the install on the Win 7 machine. Had to uninstall/reinstall a couple of times to get everything running right.

To ask the obvious question - do you have the automation license manager installed, and a license on it?

I have Automation License Manager installed, and I have all the Siemens licenses on a USB flash drive. Before I open a program I check the license, transfer it to my C:\ drive, then check it there to be sure - and after I'm done with it I transfer it back to the USB & check it there.

Keithkyll, I will go to the Siemens downloads & try the TIA13 trial.

I have Automation License Manager installed, and I have all the Siemens licenses on a USB flash drive. Before I open a program I check the license, transfer it to my C:\ drive, then check it there to be sure - and after I'm done with it I transfer it back to the USB & check it there.

Thought you would, just never hurts to be sure ;)

Did you try looking for the service?

Got it running. I copied the previously missing template_en.tmp to a safe place then uninstalled License Manager AND Win CC. After a reboot I reinstalled Win CC & it reinstalled License Manager. I was able to open Lisc Mgr & check & move the 5 lisc's to C:\ & checked them all there. I checked the READ directory & the original copy of template_en.tmp was still there - wasn't deleted during the uninstall.

Then I was finally able to open Win CC & open a project.

Also, I found the TIA13 trial isn't a download but a package that has to be ordered (free) & shipped.

Addition:

For all those who think I'm paranoid about checking the licenses every time, when I closed Win CC & checked the lisc's - one of them still reported IN USE. I had to reopen Win CC, open a project, close the project & then close Win CC again for it to check OK.

With it IN USE I couldn't transfer it back to my flash drive. (And not the 1st time this happened with a Siemens lisc, Step 7 Pro did it before too.)

Glad to hear you got it running. Free DVD is an option. Download is available to registered users:

"Download
The software is subject to export restrictions; the download is only available to registered users. Please bear in mind that because of strong demand, the registration for export-restricted downloads can take several days.
The Trial version of SIMATIC STEP 7 V11 SP2 can also be ordered on DVD: "

Link for more info

From what I've heard, they only let registered users download the software, because of export controls. They aren't allowed to give the software to embargoed countries (basically north korea/terrorists/etc), and so they have to check to make sure you are a real person to whom they can legally give software. Apparently PLC's and software count as weapons , or something like that?

It's a silly and annoying process, but ya gotta do what the law says. It's better than it used to be, where you had to call the hotline to download certain things.