omron vs mitsubishi

sutton

Lifetime Supporting Member
hi all,

I used mitsubishi plc for one year before. now im using omron and not quite familiar with it.

can anyone tell me how to apply Mitsubishi's 'alternate function ALT' as in Omron software? i look into the manual book but couldn't find this function.

please help. thank you.

I have looked through several Mitsuibishi programming manuals for "ALT". I cannot find any mention of this instruction. Which model PLC uses this function? Can you describe it's operation?

HI Jay Anthony,

thanks again. well, there is no KEEP function in Mitsubishi PLC. And there is also no ALT function in the bigger PLC series. How should I work out this Alternate function in it?

thank you for your help. cheers,

sutton

LD 0.00
DIFU 200.00

LD 200.00
AND NOT 10.00
SET 10.00
LD 200.00
AND 10.00
RESET 10.00

I'm having a hard time believing that there is no latching function in a Mitsuibishi instruction set.

Hi Jay,

There is also Set/Rset function in Mitsubishi, apart from that there is an Alt function there - my experience is limited to FX series (of course in old Medoc days, never used GPP)

I guess the developers gave an Alt function to create easier flip-flop deployment.

Never seen this function in Omron or AB

I personally hate "Set" and "Reset" functions because they can cause debugging difficulties. At 11:59 PM it can become very difficult to remember why that particular contact is "On". I try to use the flip flop or holding contacts or anything else where the action is self evident while I'm debugging. I use set/reset, but only if there isn't any other reasonable way.

but only if there isn't any other reasonable way.

Thus the suggestion for SET/RSET... ;)

OK, Suggestion #3....

LD 0.00
DIFU 200.00

LD 200.00
AND NOT 10.00
LD 200.00
AND 10.00
OR LD
OUT 10.00

Last edited:
Thanks everyone,

Jay, i did tried out that ladder logic earlier on using SET/ RESET. I run the simulation mode but it will not work. In this ladder logic, it will always be a RESET state instead of flip flop 10.00.
Is there any other idea? How to create a flip-flop state in Mitsubitshi? thank you.

LD 0.00
DIFU 200.00

LD 200.00
AND NOT 10.00
SET 10.00
LD 200.00
AND 10.00
RESET 10.00

I used mitsubishi plc for one year before. now im using omron and not quite familiar with it.
Is there any other idea? How to create a flip-flop state in Mitsubitshi? thank you.
Make up your mind on whether you need Mitsubishi help or Omron help. I'm sure panic mode can help you out on Mitsubishi.

My feeling is that you did not use the differentiated form of 200.00 or you have a coil of either 200.00 or 10.00 somewhere else in your program.
Can you post a screenshot of your ladder?

Last edited:
Jay,

Well, I am sorry to confuse you. I was actually looking for Flip-flop function help in Omron, which you already solved for me. I was only curious when you say this.

Should also work in Mitsuibishi.

So I tried out the ladder in Mitsubishi PLC software but it wont work. I did use ALT function in the smaller PLC - FX series. but I just wonder how to do the similiar keep function in other Mitsubishi PLC series.

If im not wrong, there is no DIFU function in Mitsubishi. So i use Pulse Up function. Then i used SET and RESET as a latching function.

Here, I had attached a ladder diagram. I found that Y001 is always ON everytime you switch X000 On and Off.

Thank you for your help. cheers.