TSX 17 with OP17

jay hazer

Don't know if this is mission impossible but we are trying to connect a Telemecanique TSX 17 plc with a siemens HMI (OP 17).
Need to know what is the message syntax that the PLC should send in order to display a screen or message on the OP.
Your help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, :D
Jay

The TSX17 native protocol is Uni-Telway, does your HMI have this as a driver?

Generating ASCII statements from a TSX17 will not be easy.

Thank you Jim for your interest in this.

Actually the TSX 17 has only one port for communication and it uses a protocol called 'adjust protocol'.

Any way the HMI has both protocol drivers, the 'adjust' and 'Uni-Telway' but our problem is with the PLC we don't have any idea how to configure the PLC in order to display the messages on the OP.

Hope you have some input on this and thank you again.

I was wrong in my first post. The TSX17 family native programming port protocol is often called TSX Series 7 which is sometimes abbreviated simply TSX.

HMIs with this TSX driver should not require any changes to the TSX17.
HMIs which only accept ASCII commands would require additional programming in the TSX17.
HMIs with only Uni-Telway drivers would require the addition of a communications module (ACC5) to the TSX17 if it is programmed with the PL7-2 language.

The standard programming port is RS485, 9600 baud, Odd parity, 8 data bits, and 1 stop bit.

Adjust mode is simply a reduced funtionality of the programming equipment so that only "adjustable" data objects can be read and modified.

Jay Hazer

I've never used the Telemec drivers supplied with Protool (the Siemens HMI configuration package) but if they're like most of the others drivers you shouldn't need to do anything in the PLC: the OP17 should do all the work of fetching the data for the tags you've defined from the addresses you've given them.

There are even some sample projects included in Protool in the folders SAMPLES\TM_ADJ and SAMPLES\TM_UTW. I don't know whether they help or not?

Regards

Ken

Thank you Jim and Ken for your replies.
Your both saying that there should be no change in the PLC.

However when connecting the HMI to the PLC, the following message appears:
Unexpected reply from PLC
VarAddr 0 0

Do you guys think that the cable may be the problem, cause we made it ourselves?

In any case thanks for your help so far.

Regards,
Jay