siemens adressing..

Siemens Addressing

In addition to what Jesper have said, there is an overlap between MW1 & MW2

MW1= MB1+MB2
MW2= MB2+MB3
If you could notice MB2 is the upper byte of MW1 , in the same time it is the lower byte of MW2.

To avoid this overlap there is an offset of two bytes when dealing with words, & an offset of four bytes when dealing with double words

MW0,MW2,MW4, etc....
MD0,MD4,MD8,etc...

Hagos

Time to go back to basics :)
Siemens always uses even numbers as mentioned. You can use uneven, but is not advised unless you know what you are doing.

1 byte = 8 bits
1 word (word-int-bcd) = 2 bytes
1 dword (dint-real) = 4 bytes

Just fool around with it in a DB. You will see how things divide out.

Similar Topics

How can I know the bit memory adressing limit of a CPU ? I have this CPU: 6ES7 314-6CG03-0AB0 M600.0 gives errors, not in PLCSim, only when...
Replies
Views
Recently i encountered a very strange problem with a 314C-2DP cpu, the problem i have is with the internal inputs. Right now i have this cpu on my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i have a Siemens S7-300 Cpu 314C-2 DP with several cards of i/o and servos my laptop has TIA version 16 and 17 loaded and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
Good morning fellow sea captains and wizards, I am being asked to do the above and obtain 4 values from each slave, I know about the MRX and MWX...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom