ERROR 208... again

Lunu

Once again, this error comes out. What I'm trying to do is to set the speed of a motor from a panelview 600. It goes like this: panelview 600 (via RIO)> plc 5/40 (via RIO)> powerflex 700 > motor. I'm using block transfers but I'm really struggling with it.

In the image:

* Rack, group and module of the BTR matches the PV's.
* Numeric entries from the PV used to be stored in N7:0, now they won't.
* I'm not really sure about the control block and the enable bit. They have to match, don't they?
* Do I have to use a BTW to get the value stored in N7:0 into the powerflex?

lad 2.jpg

The logic you are showing requires the BTR Control Block's /Enable bit to be true before the BTR can execute. The BT10:0/EN bit is not enabled until the instruction executes, therefore the rung you posted cannot ever work.

To make that BTR execute repeatedly, change the instruction addressed as BT10:0/EN from an XIC to an XIO.

The conventional way to exchange data with a Block Transfer device is to use a pair of alternating BTR and BTW instructions. Each has its own Control Block and each has its own Source or Destination Data File.

Once you get that going, you can take on the PowerFlex 700 and 20-COMM-R module.

There is a standard example of bi-directional alternating block transfers in the PLC-5 Reference Manual 1785-RM001 in the chapter on Block Transfers (Chapter 15, page 15-16).

Ken, I saw that mistake a little bit later after posting this. I corrected it but still it won't work. I've been checking that example, it kinda confuses me because of the JSR and MOV instructions.