DL340-Excel

atatari

Hello everybody,
Has anybody imported data (I/O status-Register values)from DL340 to excel spread sheet?
what software do I use?
and how to do that?

Thanks

If you are using DirectSoft, go to the View Documentation (Control-D). There is a file documentation export function - use the CSV (Comma Separated Variable) format. Then you can load it into Excel.

I use this if I am changing the nicknames on a lot of registers. I use the search/replace function in Excel, save the file in CSV format, and then re-import the variables from the CSV file into DirectSoft.

I think what you are looking for is a an OPC/DDE interface. Something on the order of DSData or KepWare. You can find both at AutomationDirect.com .

Alternatively there are several OPC/DDE servers that you can find with a simple Google search. Try searching for "Koyo OPC DDE Server" of try replacing "Koyo" with "PLC Direct" or "AutomationDirect".

Nuts, Icky - I must be getting early senility. I don't know why I thought he wanted to import documentation!

Sorry about that.

I am using TOP server from OPC power server using direct-net protocol ,but I can't communicate with DL340.
DSdata I beleive is from automation direct ,but this TOP server works the same.
any ideas?

Are you using "ApplicationName| TopicName ! ItemName" for the format?

Does the baud, parity, station # match what the CPU is set for?

Failing all else email Software Toolbox for technical support.