Omron CX-one Lite

shane_bac

Hi all, I have been asked to program a simple sequence using the CX-one Lite package. I have been using Siemens step 7 TIA for the last year and have found it to e quite different.

First off following the manual with the program example i do not have the option to edit the rack to add my expansion module to my CP1E 40 I/O?

Secondly ive noticed that al the memory allocations are some wht different, am I right in thinking that the work area is pretty much the same as the memory_bit in siemens?

Any help would be grateful please.

Heaps of options. The CP1L is fixed addressing - expansions just follow on. As far as memory goes W is a work area or you can just use CIO area that is not being used by real I/O. H is memory retentive, D is registers and they are retentive.

Thank you. Would i be right in thinking that i would use (W) for memory bits which are non retentive and (H) for memory bits which are retentive e.g a step in an automatic sequence that need to be remembered if power is lost? Would (D) then be used for storing such things amount of full cycles a machine has done for example?

Yes and no - I normally do not even bother with W but just use CIO. D area is normally used for calcs, setting up various cards, Modbus comms - heaps of things.

I find it easier as new user and a beginner to PLC programing, if it has the work area memory assigned for a particular purpose it seems sensible to use it?

I am looking for the best way of implementing the N/C input from the two hand start safety relay for the program. I have put the N/C logic in front of each of the output steps e.g when step 4 is complete and the safety relay is activated the output will be activated. The problem with this is that if i lose power to the N/C contact then it will think the safety relay has been activated?
This is protected by the fact it is wired to Category 4 with constant monitering but i still want the logic to be correct.

Last edited: