S7-1200 Software

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have a Siemens S-1200 PLC and want to know if the software I have is compatible. It is Step -Micro/WIN V4.0.9.25. The info I have in the "about" area shows:
Microsystems Communications V1.0.9.25
s7200.sig 06/21/2006 05:51PM
Features.dvp 07/05/2011 01:27 PM

Hopefully this is enough info.

Thank you

I should also add....... I connected the Ethernet cable from the PLC to the laptop and was hoping it was going to be intuitive enough however, on the "PLC Type" pop-up, there is the push button "Read PLC". When I push it it displays "The USB Multi-master cable is not attached or no USB device could be found". I then pushed the "Communications" button in the same pop-up and in the field where it has PC/PPl Cable(PPl) it displays a message "Error: Communications time-out. Check the port number, network address, baud rate, and the attached cable". Thank you

Hello geniusintraining, it is the PLC trainer I purchased from you which, by the way, has been worth every cent! I brought it to work to do some actual work, not to play :) and was trying to see if I could use the software here, as I wont be able to get approval to purchase new software, anytime soon. And they frown upon bringing in my own laptop, so......................... . But if it isn't possible, it isn't possible.

I just looked up your trainer order and yes you purchased the 200 trainer glad you liked it, just talk them into the 1200 trainer

Tell them you need to advance your programming skills to maintain the new series.. sounds good to me :)

I just looked up your trainer order and yes you purchased the 200 trainer glad you liked it, just talk them into the 1200 trainer

Tell them you need to advance your programming skills to maintain the new series.. sounds good to me :)

The one I purchased was for me, not work. It has the S7-1200. The software I have here at work is to support an S7-200. I brought my trainer in to help resolve a problem, without interrupting that PLC but it looks like it aint happening.

How good of a relationship with your Siemens rep do you have? when I first went out on my own in '05 my Siemens guy gave me a copy of the software... they dont mind helping if you are a good customer or will be coming back to them in the future for hardware, its worth a try

How good of a relationship with your Siemens rep do you have? when I first went out on my own in '05 my Siemens guy gave me a copy of the software... they dont mind helping if you are a good customer or will be coming back to them in the future for hardware, its worth a try

I dont know, you tell me. You're my Siemens Rep. Lol The software and other hardware I purchased from your company, no one else can touch your pricing, has been my experience.