vb and string variable in db

MAHER

Hi All,

i am trying to read some variables from Siemens plc (DB ) but i am trying to read these by using Visual basic
but the variables which i need are ( string type ) and ( date and time type )

so please is it possible or not and how can i do it by visual basic .

thanks in advance
maher

Libnodave ?

You are using Libnodave for de communication ?
VB.net ?

Regards
Combo

Hi All,

i am trying to read some variables from Siemens plc (DB ) but i am trying to read these by using Visual basic
but the variables which i need are ( string type ) and ( date and time type )

so please is it possible or not and how can i do it by visual basic .

thanks in advance
maher

thanks all for fast replying.

now i am using s7prosim to check the code withplcsim but in real life i will uselibnodave lib because i dont know any thing else so if if it is possible by libnodave please guide me and if by active x ok please let me know how can i do it.

because i will try to use it inside the Excell sheet. to get data from DB through TCP/IP and write it down directly to excell aheet.

i am so sorry for conflicting you but i am really new in using macro and VB.

thanks for your support.

maher