PLC Code for Alarm Condition

MTPLCUSER

I am fairly new to the plc world and I am stuck on writing the proper logic for a particular alarm condition. I am using a photoeye to detect a part after it has been rejected. I need to alarm if the photoeye does not see a part pass after rejected. I was considering using a timer which would start after the part is rejected, and if the photoeye does not go from off to on before the timer completes to set an alarm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Your timer is timing for as long as the reject kicker is activated. I'll take it that the photoeye should go ON sometime during the reject process, while the kicker is still on - let's say as the product is falling into a reject bin.

I would have the kicker output turn on (OTL) a bit, something like 'reject testing'. Let 'reject testing' enable the timer.

If, while the timer is 'timing' (.TT) the photoeye turns ON then simply turn off (OTU) the 'reject testing' bit.

If the timer reaches 'done' then the photoeye was not seen and you can set your alarm.

Edit - does the making of the photoeye (in logic not shown) send the kicker back to its home point? If so then the kicker being ON for the time in the timer is sufficient to set the alarm.

Last edited:
Okay, I think I got it. Does this look like it will work?

And no, the reject kicker is just held on for a certain time and shuts off. The photoeye does not send the kicker back to its home point.

Edit - Rung1 should be O:0/3 for reject kicker instead of O:0/5.

Last edited: