PUT and GET (SFB14, SFB15) in a VMWare

userxyz

Hi,

I have made some changes in a process. The process is devided over 3 PLC's. I cannot deploy it during production time so to test my changes I wanted to make 3 VM's with WinLC running in them and 1 VM for devepment with Simatic and Wonderware Archestra IDE. The CPU's are running, they can ping each other and I can see every CPU from the development VM. So far no problem. All 3 PLC's were communicating with Put and Get functions. So in Netpro I made the necessary connections with the right ID's that the Put and Get functions are using. In Netpro the connections become green when I check this status online. The Put and Get functions give me status 25, and the error bit is true, no data is received or send.

Put and Get are maybe PLC functions that don't work with WinLC ?

I then tried TCON and Open Communication over ethernet, but no succes so far. Anyone has an idea what I could try ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Combo

PLCSim

Hi,

I just heard from a collegue that it should be possible (with the latest version of PLCSim) to start 3 PLCSim PLC's and that they should be able to communicate with each other, even with PUT and GET functions.

I've tried this, but same problem remains, the SFB14 and SFB15 don't communicate. While the error but is true I receive Error w#16#01.

Hmmmzz, I need this to test process functions.

Regards,
Combo

I've never used PLCSIM but I did run into a check box on S7-1200 using Put/Get instructions that needed to be enable
(see attached)

put_get.jpg

If you want to use the communication functions with WinLC or WinAC RTX, you need a special network card (e.g. Intel 82574L). Using the virtual VM interface or other cards won't work.
Maybe it works if you put the correct card into the PC, and pass it direct into the VM. I haven't tested it for myself.

Communication between several Plcsim simulations on the same PC should work if you use the SFB14/15 instead of the specific PUT/GET function blocks you would use in a real Plc.

It works

Hi,

FB14 and FB15 were used, I didn't look too well. I replaced the FB's with the SFB blocks and regenerated the instances. Now it works :). 3 PLCSIMS communicating with each other :).

Thanks,
Combo

If you want to use the communication functions with WinLC or WinAC RTX, you need a special network card (e.g. Intel 82574L). Using the virtual VM interface or other cards won't work.
Maybe it works if you put the correct card into the PC, and pass it direct into the VM. I haven't tested it for myself.

Communication between several Plcsim simulations on the same PC should work if you use the SFB14/15 instead of the specific PUT/GET function blocks you would use in a real Plc.

Hi,

I tried a lot to test ethernet data exchange between two simulated S7-1500 on the same virtual PC (Oracle VM VirtualBox). But I have Error=1 and Status =1 in PUT FB.

I use both TIA and PLCSIM V13. I made Ethernet connection with different IP addresses in "Devices and Networks" for 2 configured PLS's. I enabled checkbox "Permit access with PUT/GET communication" on both of them.
On PLC1 I have just one FB (PUT) called from OB1 and 1 DB without "Optimized block access" checkbox.
On PLC2 I have just one DB without "Optimized block access" checkbox.
I have just one "Word" var in DB that I want to write in and in DB where I will read from. And use "P#DB1.DBX0.0 BYTE 2" ADDR_1 input. For SD_1 input I have %DB1.DBW0
Everything seems fine but I still have error.

What can I check else? What is my fault?

What does it mean? When I drag'n'drop "PUT" from Communication Instructions - it's always only SFB15 appears.

Last edited:
What does it mean? When I drag'n'drop "PUT" from Communication Instructions - it's always only SFB15 appears.

Hi,
what I wrote with the SFB is only valid for Plcsim/Step7 V5.5.
TIA-Portal Plcsim for the S7-1200/1500 is a complete different program.

Thanks for explaining this.

By the way, I found the problem in PG/PC Interfaces.
I was sure I was set correct settings there but when I decided to make a whole new project to try again I found out that there was incorrect setting.
Now everything is working great!