Problems with FactoryTalk Activation server

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Trying to remotely support a customer with RSlogix5000 V19 sitting on a Win7 64 bit machine via LogMeIn
State of Activation server, that used to work, cycling between Stopped and Running.
Upgrading to latest version of V3.62.01 does not help, same issue.
Windows Firewall OFF , defender OFF, Anti virus software uninstalled, no resolution.
Even tried uninstalling all FactoryTalk services and re-installing.
Cannot find any info on Rockwell site either.
HELP!

ScreenHunter_294 Feb. 05 13.59.jpg ScreenHunter_296 Feb. 05 14.00.jpg

Does it run for a bit and then quit?

Yes runs for about 10 seconds, then quits. Also cannot find or refresh activations, even though I just installed a new activation via the Internet.

As a result of Activation Server not running, Rslinx Classic and Rslogix5000 will not launch

Yes runs for about 10 seconds, then quits. Also cannot find or refresh activations, even though I just installed a new activation via the Internet.

As a result of Activation Server not running, Rslinx Classic and Rslogix5000 will not launch

Then you have other issues. Activation sever will not stop those apps from launching. It will just give you the grace period time or no license error.

You said it was working? Do they have backup of the machine when it was working? What's the OS? Did you try windows system restore if available and enabled?

Then you have other issues. Activation sever will not stop those apps from launching. It will just give you the grace period time or no license error.

You said it was working? Do they have backup of the machine when it was working? What's the OS? Did you try windows system restore if available and enabled?

I saw the Grace Period message last year after the borrowed activation expired. I was trying to install one of my activations for PLC troubleshooting , but this activation error stuff has occurred.

Guess next step is usual call to Tech Support for usual issue with Rockwell, Activation Issues.

I saw the Grace Period message last year after the borrowed activation expired. I was trying to install one of my activations for PLC troubleshooting , but this activation error stuff has occurred.

Guess next step is usual call to Tech Support for usual issue with Rockwell, Activation Issues.

apparently some server call lmgrd cannot be accessed:, from log file:

ScreenHunter_298 Feb. 05 16.30.jpg

From my earlier post do they not have a good backup of the machine to restore to? Does the machine have a high enough version of windows to support system restore?

This would be a whole lot easier and faster than the rabbit hole Rockwell support will send you down. If it were me I would try that first because you have no idea what someone on the customer end may have done or installed or modified,etc.

From my earlier post do they not have a good backup of the machine to restore to? Does the machine have a high enough version of windows to support system restore?

This would be a whole lot easier and faster than the rabbit hole Rockwell support will send you down. If it were me I would try that first because you have no idea what someone on the customer end may have done or installed or modified,etc.

To answer your qeustion, no.

Getting ready to meet the Mad Hatter