GE Faunic connection

mcrocha

Gents - small / big problem;

Pulp and paper industry with a very old PLC system - original connection to PLC using this ISA card IC640WMI610 on a BSI Lunchbox computer running W98.
For a good reason i cant find these ISA cards anywhere, and trying to find another way to connect to PLC. Would be nice to find a replacement card (pci) that would do the job, and also, a program that would replace current DOS base.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a Series Six and Logicmaster Six software. There is a version of Logicmaster Six that can communicate serially without the interface card, but you need a serial communications module installed in the Series Six rack to use it. Furthermore the serial version of Logicmaster Six is still a DOS application, although I have been able to run it under Windows XP using DOSbox.

Your best bet will be to contact Qualitrol at http://www.qualitrol.com/ge_fanuc_plc.html
They took over the product line from GE.

Don't you think its about time to replace that Series Six with something more current? If the Series Six is also controlling the drives as was quite often the case in paper mill applications, those drives must be getting harder to maintain and service.

Last edited:
Yeah your not kidding me - and i'm stuck figuring out how to resolve this.... i believe going serial requires to change the original cables in the PLC??