Utilize bits in word

MTPLCUSER

I have a Micrologix plc im using to communicate with a scale indicator. I retrieve the data from the indicator using a MSG command. I am able to see the data in a integer file, but I do not know how to utilize it. For example, the data for N9:2 reads 3840, which Im told breaks down to

Bit 0 = 0 Overload
Bit 1 = 0 underload
Bit 2 = 0 Motion
Bit 3 = 0 Center of Zero
Bit 4 = 0 Motion Delayed command running
Bit 5 = 0 Neg Gross Polarity
Bit 6 = 0 Neg Net Polarity
Bit 7 = 0 A/D Error

I need to alarm for the individual bits equal 1, but I'm confused how I should be doing this?

Thanks for your time.

You can address the individual bits as follows:
N9:2/0 = Overload
N9:2/1 = Underload
N9:2/2 = Motion
etc.

Or else you could copy N9:2 into a B3 word, and then use the B3 bits the same way. Either should work.

not sure if this is what you're asking for - but try changing the RADIX setting (near the lower right corner) on your N9 display window to BINARY ...