,BDS
Type: L2 ,B
Menus:
- Parameter menu
+ Control and status words
- Upread/free access
Changeable in:

PSU84,

It looks very typical to me, for a technical manual which was written in German, then sent to India (or some other low-rent district) for publishing into a manual, then translated in that country by people who know nothing about the product, into English. In other words, if you can't figure out how it works on your own, the manual is no use whatsoever!

P.S. I can't figure out what it means either!

PSU84

I have a little experience with Siemens masterdrives, although I have never used the jog function.

From the limited information that I have you need to set parameter P568 to binector B3108 and parameter P569 to binector B3109, the two binectors are from control word 1 bits 8 and 9.

If you need any more info, post here and I will see what I can up with

Paul

That is a very poor explanation (in the manual) about how the jog (or "Inching") bits work.

They are actually "Inching bit 0" and "Inching bit 1", and they provide 4 possible states for jog references. 00 = not jog, 01 = (default) jog setpoint 1 (P448) 10 = default jog setpoint 2 (P449) and 11 = Switch to inching mode, but maintain current setpoint.

In essence, just consider one bit (say the low bit, Control Word bit 8) to be "Jog Forward", with a speed controlled by P448, and the other bit (High bit, CW Bit 9) to be "Jog Reverse", with speed controlled by P449.

For more details, definately refer to the Compendium, specifically Function Diagram page 3-16, and page 9-4 (or around there) in chapter 9 about the breakout of Control Word bits.

And also, yes, PLucas is correct about the assignment of the bit values coming over Profibus, as long as you use the default control word structure in the PLC. (and this is the first comms card on the drive).

Thanks guys for the info! One more
question. I am a little troubled
by the ON/OFF1 command bit 1 and
Inverter Enable command bit 3.
Does the inverter enable bit have
to be on the same time as the
on/off1 bit to allow the drive to
run? Or is it a seperate run
command? I am confused by the
"Enable" wording.

In the above mentioned link
I do not see the use of SFC14
and SFC15.
This is also my first time also
setting up a masterdrive with
profibus. I was instructed to
do it this way. Am I correct?

PSU84

If you are just writing to the two control words then the Load and Transfer function is just fine, this will give you basic drive control.

You do get four bytes of consistent data when using the load and transfer functions.

If you require to read and write more than that then you must use SFC14 and 15 for data read and transfer.

Paul

One more question! I have a master/
slave setup. The slave unit is going
to run in torque control. Which "K"
connector representing torque output
from the master should be utilized
to control the slave? The machine
and drives are shipped so I can not
even test anything until on the
customer site. Sounds like fun!

I posted a Step7 file/example for controlling a 6SE70 drive. Look under the upload/download files area, it should help.

JRW