Need solution with relay

amsiddiqee

To reduce relay sparking a capacitor has been connected across relay contact.This relay coil is operated by 24v pulse from PLC output module.The contact operates a solenoid coil in field.How the capacitor discharges?Is it discharging in the output module?Is it problematic? Please help.

Well, if the capacitor is across the contacts, and the PLC drives the coil, why do you think the capacitor is in anyway attached to the PLC?
How does the capacitor discharge? If it is across the contacts, it is still connected to the load whether the relay is open or closed.

Similar Topics

Our plant has a network repeater station located in a field with two ProSoft RLX2-IHG network radios for connecting our plant network to a well...
Replies
Views
I have a micrologix 1100 and a LVDT displacement sensor. The sensor can measure from 0 to 2in. It has 0 to 10V output and I was going to use it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need help on this CPU Error Code 3303. I got 2 PLC controller mounting side by side beside power supply. One master & another is an...
Replies
Views
Hey all. The facility where I am at is running RSView me station version 4.00 (cpr7). We had the hmi computer go down. I have all the other cd's...
Replies
Views
Hi I have this two program in Rslogix 5000 and I need your help to solve ever one individually A and B. Please see the attachment. I need only the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom