FTView Multistate Indicator Timer

hubb6666

Trying to show in a FT View project a timer that shows how long a multistate indicator has been in the current state. If state changes on the multistate indicator then the timer should reset and start to count again. Any help on this would be great. Thanks

Where do you handle the states?
Generally they are controlled in a PLC, so I'd do the timing there.
If you are doing something else, you will probably have to use VBA (on a separate always active window) to do your timing.

I guess I will have to do in VBA because OEM doesn't like us modifying there program on the machines. Is there any literature out there that shows how to access the multistate object by way of VB? Is there a way of doing a simple one-shot timestamp in FTView?

You could do it with an alarm list. First, create a trigger using an expression of the multistate indicator. Then add Message for display and assign trigger.

You can have multiple alarm list in one project. You will have to use the filter option to choose which alarm will show in which list. If you want to separate.
Also remember to uncheck the display option to keep the [ALARM] screen from opening to show when triggered.

You could also use an Alarm Status List. This would tell you the total amount of times an alarm occurred along with an accumulated value of time it was active. This would be my choice. Filter to only show Multistate and this will also give you an option to reset the accumulation values by using the Status Reset Tag located in Alarm Setup under the Advanced Tab.

Use the Help button located in Alarm Setup on the Advanced Tab page to get description of tags located on that page.

Good Luck with your project and Welcome to the Forum.