Logix5000 Math Question

Chado613

Hello guys,

Im troubleshooting some structured text logic in 5000 in structured text, I came upon this and am not sure what is happening:

ratio := 2.71828 ** ( 0.0 - FunctionBlock_Cycle_Time / 60000.0 / pranalog.lag );

Any help is appreciated

This is a (natural) exponential function.
2.71828 is Euler's number e wich is put in the power of some argument expressed inside the parenthesis. The double asterisk ** is the operator "to the power of" in structured text.

Similar Topics

Hi! So my problem is a little funky, I had Studio 5000 v 24 and 30 installed, but forgot to install RSLogix (which I cannot go without). Is there...
Replies
Views
So I had an odd request from a customer for the above. I have written the logic and tested it all in one PLC with only using 7 outputs and 7...
Replies
Views
I'm a Siemens person, and this is one of my first AB programs. The customer wants everything programmed in Ladder. I have a lot of data (3...
Replies
Views
Good day everyone. if you have a logic for 3 pumps (lead/lag/off), would you please email it to me? I really appreciate it!
Replies
Views
Maybe this is just not possible, or maybe I am doing something wrong. Background; I have a data array of over 1500 products. For sorting I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom