RSLogix 5000 controller revision problem

mugged99

Hello, this is probably the dumbest question, but I've been stuck for 2 days now. I'm running RS Logix 5000 standard edition. I create a new project file, I select my controller, set the revision level, and give it a name. Great, now I created a project. But when I go back into controller configuration the 'change controller' button is greyed out and I cant modify the revision or name or anything anymore. Whats going on? Clearly the safety is not locked..its a new file. Thanks

You can only create projects of the revision that you currently have installed on your machine. So if you have V20 on your machine, then you can only select V20 controllers. You can install multiple versions of Logix5k on a machine at the same time.

Also, you cannot go back revisions once your project is created. For example if you have both V19 and V20 installed on your machine, you create a project as V20, then you want to change it back to V19, you cannot from the software. You can only change it to newer revisions (if you have newer revisions installed).

What version are you working with and what controller are you using? There are also controller limits on what revision you can install in them. For example you cannot put V21 in a CompactLogix L32E and you cannot put V19 in a CompactLogix L30ER.

You can only create projects of the revision that you currently have installed on your machine. So if you have V20 on your machine, then you can only select V20 controllers. You can install multiple versions of Logix5k on a machine at the same time.

Also, you cannot go back revisions once your project is created. For example if you have both V19 and V20 installed on your machine, you create a project as V20, then you want to change it back to V19, you cannot from the software. You can only change it to newer revisions (if you have newer revisions installed).

What version are you working with and what controller are you using? There are also controller limits on what revision you can install in them. For example you cannot put V21 in a CompactLogix L32E and you cannot put V19 in a CompactLogix L30ER.

My software is running versions 16-20. And given a project that has a safety controller in revision 16, i can't bump it to 20 through the software. All configuration buttons are disabled. This is for a 1756-L62S safety module. Do you think this has something do with licensing? Because I can't edit any safety tags either

Regarding the safety controller - do you not need an add-on to the RSLogix5000?
RSLogix 5000 GuardLogix Safety Editor
(9324-RLDGLXE)

That would certainly affect your ability to edit an existing safety controller.....

Regarding the safety controller - do you not need an add-on to the RSLogix5000?
RSLogix 5000 GuardLogix Safety Editor
(9324-RLDGLXE)

That would certainly affect your ability to edit an existing safety controller.....

I have resolved my issue. It was a licensing problem with the GLX editor. Apparently this editor allows you to modify safety tags/controllers/whatever and I did not have this active. Thank you