Contactless thermometer

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to take temperature measurments of the bearings of some vibrating screens. In the past we used common type K thermocouples but they have a limited life due to vibrations.
Does anyone know any contactless solution? I would imagine an infrared solution. I need it to have a 4-20 mA output.

Regards

IFM have some great options for analog infrared temperature sensing. I would have used one of theirs just recently, but for the fact that I needed to be measuring -20°C to -40°C and they don't have anything that goes down that low. But I don't suspect your bearing is running at -20°C.

I ended up with a Raytek MI3, which gave me quite good results.

Similar Topics

Hello PLCs.net! I have a sliding table controlled by a servo. The coupling on this servo is not reliable and we need to reteach the positions the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have iCLASS contactless card reader HID R10 6100 (fig. 1) and i want to connect it to a Schneider PLC (m238). I've never used it...
Replies
Views
Looking at monitoring temperatures with the following IR thermometer: http://www.omega.com/Manuals/manualpdf/M3946.pdf My question is, how to I...
Replies
Views
Hi, people I have a simple problem but I am stumped as to what can be done. I have an RF network with several Modbus slaves and one Modbus...
Replies
Views
change temperature reading from ferinheit to celcius and celcius to ferinheit. the thumbwheel will represent the ferinheit reading the LED display...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom