FT View SE Timestamp

hubb6666

Is there anyway to do a one shot timestamp on a display? Just wanted to show the date and time a parameter was changed. Thanks

Your best bet is probably to record it in the PLC, and display the PLC tags on the HMI. Either that or use VBA.

You would think I could do a simple one shot timestamp without VB or changing the PLC program :sick:. This software is driving me nuts. Thanks for the info.

It's going to involve a little bit of scripting no matter what product you have; I just learned how to do it in Indusoft Web Studio with VBScript. Meanwhile, FTView will let me programmatically set object focus with VBA but IWS won't.

In FactoryTalk View your toolset is VBA and the System tags. The Object Model does not appear to include a timestamp as a property of the Numeric Input or the Button or the Tag object. VBA has a perfectly good set of basic Now(), Date() and Time() functions.

Is your parameter changed by a Numeric Input object, or by a pushbutton action, or by something else like a radio button or checkbox ?

It's going to involve a little bit of scripting no matter what product you have; I just learned how to do it in Indusoft Web Studio with VBScript. Meanwhile, FTView will let me programmatically set object focus with VBA but IWS won't.

In FactoryTalk View your toolset is VBA and the System tags. The Object Model does not appear to include a timestamp as a property of the Numeric Input or the Button or the Tag object. VBA has a perfectly good set of basic Now(), Date() and Time() functions.

Is your parameter changed by a Numeric Input object, or by a pushbutton action, or by something else like a radio button or checkbox ?

Most will be Numeric Input and a few are pushbutton. I will pickup a few VBA books to help me. I wish there was some good examples that show how VBA interacts with FTView.

I would use the PLC. That would help keep the data central, anyone else could see the same timestamp.
If your FTView SE client closes (powers off), would your timestamps still be around?

FTView also has built-in diagnostics; all user actions & tag writes can be saved to the windows event log. That even includes the username so you know who (or which station) made the change. No, it's not going to show right on the screen beside your data. But it is a good history of everything that was changed if you are reviewing later on.