SLC 5/05 Will not Upload Says Device Is not SLC/Micro Shows up in Linx

tlrephipps

I'm thinking I need a newer version of software. I have 2.10.12. I have a SLC 5/05 ethernet processor. I don't have the original program, so I'm trying to upload into RSlogix500. RSlinx shows communications with slc 5/05 using the rs232 port. I have tried uploading it by opening a new project and without. The error I'm getting in RSlogix500 is the device is not an SLC or a Micrologix. I have tryied manually configuring my rack by picking from the product list of what I have. Obviously will not auto config. My exact processor is not in the product list. The number is 1747-551A OS501. The closest I have in my product list is 1747-551 OS500. I also have a 1747-sn scanner card that is not in the product list. I'm thinking I need a newer version of RSlogix. Have any of you had this problem? What to do with this todo?

Yes your RSLogix software is too old for the processor you are using.The version you are using supports the initial operating system for the 5/05 (that would be the OS 500 you indicated). Unfortunately you have a newer revision processor with OS 501. The software doesn't know what the heck that thing is!

Typically the old software would still talk to this newer processor provided it doesn't make use of any new features your software doesn't know about. There were quite a few enhancements in OS 501 over OS 500 and it would appear they are being used.

You can contact Tech Support or your local distributor and get your warranty reinstated. That would allow you to download a new revision, or have them send it to you. No sense buying a whole new version.

Good Luck!

OG

Count your blessings that your problems end at being unable to get online with the processor. I got online to a 5/04 a few years ago that was programmed in Rev 2.10.xxx by the vendor, where I was running Rev. 2.00.xxx. I was just adding a little DH+ heartbeat logic, so I didn't even worry that I didn't have the descriptors.

No sooner did I accept the edits that the processor faulted, blew away the program in its entirety and turned into a default processor. Luckily I was able to get my hands on a PC with Rev. 2.10.xxx and downloaded the archived copy of the program.

%$#)*! Rockwell Software...