movicon 11 and Twincat 3, Comm.Drivers?

tevious

Hello,

At the company we decided to use Movicon 11 for the design of our HMIs with twincat 3.

I'm currently stuck in the page 17 of the quick start guide:
http://www.progea.com/downloads/Man_Eng_Mov11.4_Tutorial.pdf

the tutorial is made with an S7 example but each PLC has its own process. I tried to declare a Twincat driver, so ok I can.
But, when I try to declare a new station with + Add I must fill an Ams Net Id. I tried to give the IP adress of my PLC but it doesn't work. Movicon expects a Ipv6, my PLC is with IPv4.
I let it blank (default behavior is as local) but when I try to do the Test Cable/Comm => Failed!

Anybody knows how to set and use movicon with TC3?

Thanks

Maybe a little up?

I tried to test the ADS between the PLC and the PC and that doesn't work, I used the TcAdsTest.exe in the common32 folder in Twincat directory:
When I click to AdsPortOpen it works and it gives me the open port, but then when I click to Test a popup occurs and it was written: Initcombo: Registrykey SOFTWARE\Beckhoff\Twincat\remote does not exist.
Then the tool occurs, I set the AmsNetId with the data of my PC, let the port at 801 and start... I got only erros. It was in the direction PLC -> PC, I tried the otherway and it gave the same.

Hello Archie,

First I'd like to thank you for your many replies here, even if it was not my questions, it helped me a lot as I'm a beginner with Beckhoff 🍻

Actually, I've twincat on the laptop where I build my program and just beside a PLC, CX2030 which has twincat XAE also inside.
These boths are linked through ethernet link (local company network), I can design a program with the laptop and load and launch it in the PLC without any program, using the run mode in TC XAE.

My goal is to build an HMI with movicon and I know it communicates with TC (within the win7 of the PLC or from an outside device) using the Ads.
So for now I just try to get the ads communication between the laptop and the PLC using the TcAdsTest.exe... but that doesn't work (for now).

Thanks!

No, the dropdown box is empty, I had to type the NetId by myself.
Furthermore, when I click to Test, I first had a warning popup with the above message:
Initcombo: Registrykey SOFTWARE\Beckhoff\Twincat\remote does not exist.

Hello,

No, as I knew the IP I set it and I clicked on Enter Host Name / Ip. I believe that the connection was working because I can load a program to the PLC.
For the ADS it looks like it's a right problem...
I'm not admin on the PC and when I try to build the route from PLC to PC I've a registry written error, but with the PC to PLC way it works (and the PLC PC route is made in the same time).

I hope this is the problem but I need to wait that the sysadmin comes back to extend my rights.