Program Advice

Tim Ganz

I have a Logix L6 program that is using function block code to control steam PSI and Temp for a surface roll in a process oven.

We need to run the steam PSI at a higher limit and right now all the PIDE are set to 75.0 on the HLimit under the alarms tab in the PIDE.

I set those to 90.0 but when I enter a value of 80 the PIDE Out% ramps up fast on the HMI then it flips into manual mode from auto.

The only thing I can see in the code that drops the auto request for that PIDE is the manual select but I don't see anything like a manual request tag.

I can't post the program but I can email it if anyone could take a look and tell me what I might be missing.

In logix if you have an OTE or a Latch or unlatch before a move instruction does the OTE instruction have to be true for the move instruction to execute or are they both executed at the same time when in series?

I know if they were parallel (in a branch)they would execute at the same time but I am not sure about this series output logic in contrologix?

Tim,

No the OTE doesn't have to be true for the following MOVe instruction to execute...........

But if the OTE isn't true, then the rung can't be true, so the MOVe instruction will not execute anyway.

Cheers

Mark

And just to add........

If the OTE isn't true, but the MOVe instruction is being executed, then you could have a case of double coil syndrome, which is what could be causing your other issues.

Cheers

Mark