Comm between OMRON PLC and MS SQL

hygoonia

Dear all,

my equipment currently:

OMRON PLC CJ1W-ETN (w/ CJ2M-EIP21 Ethernet) +SCU31
PC with Visual Studio & CX

======================================

I would like to read data which stored in PLC memory and I/O of PLC, store the data in PC's MS SQL and show it in PC's web browser in real time. May I know any other software should i to get? OPC? As I would grab the data through Ethernet.

In additional, Machine touchscreen which written by CX designer, can it be ported in PC? I have another touchscreen connected with the PC, the touchscreen is same as the machine's touchscreen. Which means, I able to use machine A's touchscreen to monitor machine B through Ethernet currently, I would like to have the touchscreen which connected with the PC able to monitor other machine as well.

Please give me some advice, thanks!!

Personally I have used OPC DataHub from Cogent Real-Time Systems for logging from PLC. They also have a product called DataHub OPC Logger. In addition You'll need an OPC server for your PLC(s) of course.