upload file from Panelview Plus 6

Abdul03

Dear Friends,

I have worked on many panelview terminals. However, never came across something like this. I have couple of panelview terminals and PLC's connected over Controlnet network. I can browse all the devices and can able to download and upload programs to and from the PLC's.

The problem I am facing with the Panelview terminals. Even though I am able to see all the panelview terminals in RSLinx, I can browse to the terminal through transfer utility and able to download the program to the terminal. However, I am unable to upload programs from the terminal. When uploading, I click the browse button for the source file and I see nothing.

I can see the program is running on the terminal, but cannot able to see the actual .mer file while uploading.

The second concern what I have, when I download the program to the terminal. It shows that the program is downloading and reboots the HMI. But, still the previous program will be running when the panelview terminal boots up. I have checked the application to Run on startup while downloading the new program.

Please suggest me what is happening, I am completely blank.

Thank you.

you can manually select the right program to boot thru the config menus. as well as local serial communication with each panelview if you are in a bind (usually). I am however unfamilar with control net and your current problem

Dear Dwsoft,

Thanks for the reply.

I could have loaded the application through config. Unfortunately, there is no config button available on the HMI. Hence, I cannot go through the configuration.

So whomever made it.made a mistake lol? I have found some hmis have the Config button in the top left or right (touch screens) and it's hidden. otherwise I'm not sure what you could do. I look forward to seeing the solution for my own learning as well. Maybe Rockwell support can help? If u have access

You need to plug in a keyboard
Press the default button on the rear of the terminal
This will boot you into maintenance mode
Select safe mode
Then select continue booting with options

You will be in configuration screen

@HJTRBO: Ok, I will try this tomorrow and update you. However, could you tell me how can I come out of maintenance mode ?

Or is it I just have to run any application from the conifg mode and it will take me out of maintenance mode ?

@HJTRBO: It worked absolutely perfect as you mentioned.

I have used a keyboard to go to the configuration and configured the comms.

Thanks again for all your help.