Rslogix 5000 fatal error

Lunu

Hello, a while ago I installed rslogix 5000 in my computer, but didn't used it. Now that I want to, it shows some fatal errors. Does anyone knows how to solve them? I already tried deleting the .rnl files from C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation and it didn't work. I'm using version 20 and windows 7.

fatal error1.PNG fatal error.PNG

Last edited:
What fixed mine with that error was to run a repair on factory talk services platform.

The other thing I have to do from time to time is run a repair on V20.

How do I run a repair on factory talk services platform, padees? When I select uninstall rslogix 5000 in control panel it doesn't give me the option to repair it.

Click on change, that will get you to repair. It will open up the install wizard, from there you can modify or repair the program.

Last edited:
Well, I'm currently uninstalling it, I'll have to wait till it finish and then install it again. I'll try what you say. Thanks, I'll keep updates coming until I can fix this.